Shingling technology is a new development of cell interconnection in a photovoltaic module. Essentially, solar shingling involves cutting solar cells into stripes (so called shingles) and arranging them in an overlapping pattern within a solar panel. The electrical connection between the shingles is made using electrically conductive adhesive, which can be printed or dispensed on the shingle’s surface.
The shingling approach provides several advantages compared to standard cell interconnection technology (using busbars): lower ohmic losses, better area utilization, thus increasing panel efficiency (meaning it creates more power in the same amount of space). And last but not least, the technology offers improved aesthetics to the photovoltaic module.
High quality and reliable modules
- Withstand up to 5400 Pa snow load
- 2 EL inspections per cell/module for defect-free consistency
- 0-+5 W guaranteed positive tolerance
- Rugged design for long-term durability; passed extended reliability tests
Comprehensive certificates for products and management
- IEC 61215, IEC 61730 and CE
- ISO 9001 for Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001 for Environmental Management Systems
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety System